We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Alpha AR Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 111
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides extreme versatility in multiple conditions.
- Keeps you dry and warm for a shell.
- Room for layering underneath for colder weather.
- Lightweight for an all-around piece.
- Gore-Tex Pro material provides great ventilation and waterproofing abilities.
- Features pit zips for added breathability.
- Helmet-compatible hood for versatility.
- Windproof outer material.
- Utilizes Gore-Tex Pro fabric reinforcements at high-use areas, like the shoulders.
- Actually keeps you dry in wet weather.
- Features a high-collar and a hood for weather protection.
- StormHood provides ultimate protection from wind and rain.
- Athletic fit is comfortable to wear and provides mobility.
- Pit vents under the arms aid in breathability.
- Drop-tail hem covers the back of you for protection and sealing in the heat.
- Adjustable hem with drawstrings allows for customization of fit.
- Two outer harness-compatible hand pockets for convenient storage.
- Taped seams and DWR-finish contributes to waterproof abilities.
- The cut allows for ample mobility and weather-resistance when wearing a harness.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Costs as much as the SV, but the jacket is less durable.
- Some reports of the DWR not working properly and the jacket wetting out quickly.
- Sizing runs a bit big, so you may want to size down when ordering.
- Expensive, but is very versatile so the price might be worth it for you.
- No powder skirt for deep snow.
- Doesn’t pack down very small for easy transport.
The Arc’teryx Alpha AR Jacket for men is a breathable, adjustable, versatile, and comfortable jacket, that you can easily layer under due to the relaxed fit, and use in a variety of climates. The higher price might deter some, but the ability to wear this jacket all-year-round due to the weatherproof qualities and ventilation provided make this a great all purpose jacket.