We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Punisher Glove and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 65
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great dexterity and waterproofing abilities.
- Great for ice climbing due to the balance of warmth and burliness.
- Leather is tough and durable.
- 100g of synthetic insulation provides warmth while using.
- Great fit for activities.
- Great sensitivity for feel with the glove on.
- Offers warmth and dexterity.
- Padding for hands and knuckles for comfort.
- Finger pull loops provide a quick on and off.
- Soft patch provided for wiping your nose.
- The leather palms are supple, but still durable.
- Minimal break-in time.
- Thin plastic membrane provides waterproofing, but also reduces breathability.
- More color choices for customization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the glove liner moving around inside the glove.
- Might be too warm for shoulder-season climbing.
- Some reports of wearing out quickly.
- Gloves will get cold while you are stationary.
- Plastic membrane limits breathability.
The Black Diamond Punisher Glove is a dexterous, warm, and durable option for those who want a combination of comfort and toughness in their glove. The warmth may be too much for shoulder seasons, but for those who are in consistently cold conditions or spend most of their time outdoors in the winter, this is a tough but still sensitive option.