We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Troy Lee Designs Raid Knee Guard and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 73
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good quality and fit.
- Comfortable and protective.
- Comfortable enough to wear for multiple hours.
- Doesn’t slide down during use.
- Provides ample protection.
- Very lightweight and stays in place.
- Very comfortable on both long rides and hiking.
- Comfortable, but remains protective.
- Wrap-around coverage for full protection.
- Combines protection with mobility.
- Remains durable after months of use.
- Panels of neoprene sit comfortably on your leg without bunching up during riding.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Doesn’t use a flat seam across the knee, which can cause some rubbing.
- Some reports of not being the most breathable.
- Some reports of being a little bulky and running hot.
- Expensive option when compared to others.
- Need to remove shoes to take the knee guards on and off.
The Troy Lee Designs Raid Knee Guard is a durable, comfortable, and flexible guard that protects in crashes, while remaining comfortable during hours of use. The ability to combine toughness with mobility makes this a great choice for any level of biker, if you don’t mind spending a bit more money for a quality product.