We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shimano XT PD-M8000 XC Pedal and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 97 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.9 stars
Expert Rating: 4.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 427
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Consistent and dependable over time.
- Easy to adjust.
- Promotes a smooth ride.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Reliable on trails.
- Easy to maintain throughout use.
- Easy to clip into.
- Sheds dirt well.
- Adequate power transfer in the pedal strokes.
- Great option for beginners or expert riders.
- The body is comprised of forged-alloy, which makes it resistant to wear-and-tear.
- Gained almost 8% more contact area than the previous model by increasing the surface area.
- The stack height allows you to be closer to the axle body, providing support and stability.
- The force required to unclip from the pedals remains consistent.
- One of the most durable mountain pedals available on the market.
- The internal bearing design of the pedal is serviceable.
- The lightweight nature of the pedals will help those doing endurance cycling.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the best at clearing mud and ice.
- Not the lightest or the most inexpensive, but these two features are sacrificed for durability.
- A direct impact to the pedals could cause the retention claws to be damaged.
- Slightly more difficult to clip into and ride unclipped due to the smaller clip when compared to other models.
The Shimano XT PD-M8000 XC Pedal is an extremely durable and functional pedal that is ideal for endurance, racing, and climbing-based cyclists. The consistency and dependability make this a top choice for serious cyclists.