We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Belay Parka – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 64
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Handwarmer pockets and interior stuff pockets allow for warmth and storage.
- Fit is generous for easy layering.
- Long enough to fully cover during activities.
- Thicker and warmer than the older version.
- Features a solid two-way zipper that is reliable.
- Hood is helmet-compatible and adjustable.
- Wind-resistant for extra protection.
- Hood is plenty big and insulated for warmth.
- Sleeves are tight and stay in place during movement.
- DWR finish for protection against light precipitation.
- Uses continuous insulation to retain a high loft and stay warm.
- Lightweight when compared to other similar synthetic models, but heavier than down options.
- Very good at retaining heat generated from movement.
- Easy to put the hood up while wearing gloves for functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the newer version being poorly made in comparison to the older one.
- Some sizing issues about running too large.
- Pull cord can be difficult to use with gloves for tightening.
- Heavier since it is not down and not very compressible.
- Not designed for mainly active use and aerobic activities.
The Black Diamond Belay Parka for men is a synthetically insulated protective option for those who want a heavy-duty layer to add warmth to their collection. Limited compressibility and considerable weight (compared to down alternatives) reduces the functionality for light and fast trips, but for day trip adventures where weight is less of a concern, this is a nice choice.