We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Icebreaker Helix MerinoLoft Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 58
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The jacket is stylish and sleek for use around town or on the trail.
- Fits well across the shoulders and chest area for plenty of movement.
- Features spandex material on the inner arms and body panels for ample mobility.
- The material is thin enough to layer comfortably in cold temperatures.
- Uses a soft and comfortable material for all-day comfort.
- Works very well as a stand-alone 3 season jacket or as a layer during cold winter months.
- The arm length is functional for any kind of activity.
- Provides insulation without being too bulky or baggy.
- Sheds light precipitation well for added weather-resistance.
- Provides ample breathability without sacrificing warmth.
- Versatile to keep you warm during winter activities and shoulder-season adventures.
- The thumbholes keep your wrists warm and secure the sleeves in place during movement.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper is reversed, which can take some getting used to.
- The arm length might be too long for some body types.
- The spandex portions that allow for ample movement are not wind resistant, letting wind come through the material.
- You might need to size up if you want to be able to layer comfortably or if you are a bigger body type.
- Expensive compared to other similar options on the market.
- No included means of packability which can limit the transportation options.
- The MerinoLOFT can pill over time, citing a lack of durability.
- Does not work very well or protect during prolonged precipitation.
The Icebreaker Helix MerinoLoft Jacket for men is a comfortable, versatile, and insulated jacket that can work well as a stand-alone jacket in 3 seasons and as an insulating layer during cold temperatures. Despite this jacket being a bit lightweight for stand-alone winter use, it can provide the functionality needed for use all-year-round.