We’ve read the reviews across the web for the CamelBak Mule 12L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 288
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Holds considerable amount of water.
- Comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- Good size and durability.
- Internal organization is functional and easy to use.
- High-quality construction and material.
- Can fit a decent amount, while remaining small in size.
- Big enough to hold 3 liters for a full day.
- Velcro tabs at the shoulder straps prevent the straps from dangling.
- Features a shelf to hook the water reservoir onto so it doesn’t slide down.
- The hose can be secured to either shoulder strap for versatility.
- Middle has a stretch pocket for easy storage, and the outer is divided into compartments, for functional storage.
- Easy to fill and has good water flow.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Bladder can freeze in very cold temperatures.
- Doesn’t have a small pocket for a smartphone.
- Some may not like the width of the straps.
- Hose was a little short when compared to other options.
- A few reports of water leaking out of the top.
- Doesn’t include a rain cover for protection.
The CamelBak Mule 12L Backpack is a versatile, adjustable, and functional pack that uses various organizational pockets and tech-features to provide a high-quality, comfortable, and organized product. The few downsides are minimal compared to the multiple positive reviews, making this a great option for outdoor adventurers who want to easily carry enough water for a full day on the mountain or trail.