We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Goal Zero Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 92
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to charge small electronics easily.
- Works on cloudy days, but you should carry a battery pack as a back-up.
- Lightweight and easy to fold-up.
- Comes with carabiner loops.
- The frame and stand are magnetized to stay together.
- Able to link other Goal Zero devices together for compatibility.
- Folds up into a compact shape.
- High-quality fabric case for protection.
- Corners have a rubber bumper for extra protection.
- Kickstand allows you to get a better angle for the sun.
- Water, heat, and drop-resistant panel for extra durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the panel detaching.
- Doesn’t have an integrated battery pack.
- Some reports of charging too slowly.
- Only able to use it with Goal Zero branded battery.
- The LED lights sometimes didn’t work while charging, providing no indication about the charge level.
- Not able to charge a battery pack efficiently in full sunlight.
- It doesn’t have the capability to charge more than one device at a time.
- Heavier-weight for a panel that isn’t amazing.
- Expensive for a panel that doesn’t work well in terms of charging speed.
The Goal Zero Nomad 14 Plus Solar Panel is fraught with issues. The slow charging speed, heavy weight and technology problems don’t justify the steep price for this product.