We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Helly Hansen Alpha 3.0 Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 253
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps you warm and is stylish.
- High-quality materials and fit.
- Comfortable and lightweight.
- Stylish and attractive colors.
- Flexible to allow for mobility during activities.
- Good venting for breathability.
- Pockets for ample storage.
- Warm without being too bulky.
- Stretchy while still being close-fitting for performance benefits.
- 80 grams of Primaloft insulation provides ample warmth.
- No drafts get in because of the snug fit.
- Sealed seams and waterproof backing to the face fabric aids in shedding precipitation and keeping in warmth.
- It contains technical features for skiing and snowboarding, like a goggle wipe and pass pocket.
- Interior routing for headphone capabilities.
- Three storage pockets and two fleece-lined handwarmer pockets contribute to storage.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the outer fabric fading.
- Some reports about questionable durability over time.
- It has pit zips, but they’re not the best in ventilation.
- Might want insulation on the hand warmer pockets.
- It might be too warm on mild and warmer days.
The Helly Hansen Alpha 3.0 Jacket for men is a close-fitting, warm, and waterproof jacket, that best lends itself to long days on the mountain, where weatherproofing and performance are the most important qualities. This product is designed for skiers and snowboarders in mind, with sport-specific features like a goggle wipe, and the performance-based fit, high-quality materials, and flexibility.