We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Lithium Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Down and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 66
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Compresses small enough to fit into the sleeping bag compartment on most backpacking-bags.
- Very warm due to the high-loft down.
- Lightweight for a 0-degree bag.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Comfortable hood to keep the heat in.
- Easy to unzip and get a leg outside if needed to regulate temperature.
- 800-fill down provides ample warmth.
- The down is water-resistant for extra protection and warmth in wet weather.
- The curved baffles limit the shifting and spread the heat out evenly.
- The contoured footbox provides more movement and comfort.
- The secondary zipper allows you to get in and out easier.
- The full-length zipper provides convenience and doesn’t catch during use.
- The two-way zipper features a draft tube to keep the cold air out.
- The down is DWR-treated to protect against light precipitation.
- The face closure is Velcro-free to prevent scratching.
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio for lightweight warmth.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of poor quality control and faulty products.
- Doesn’t pack down extremely small, despite being small enough to fit in most sleeping-bag compartments.
- The fit might be a little big in some areas for smaller people.
- Can be challenging to stuff into sack since it has so much loft.
The Marmot Lithium Sleeping Bag: 0 Degree Down is an extremely warm, comfortable, and lightweight bag with features like a two-way zip, draft tube, and durable outer layer. This is a beloved bag that works well in a variety of backpacking conditions. Despite some minor issues, this bag is a great choice for cold weather backpacking and can compress relatively well.