We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Race Face SIXC DH Handlebar and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 94 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 71
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Burly, but remains lightweight.
- Comes in a variety of color options.
- Bigger platform provides a good feel for uphill.
- The longer bars help with fatigue on long cycling days.
- Bar is a good shape for aggressive trail riding.
- Fatigues your hands less on descents, due to the combination of stiffness and flexibility.
- Able to withstand tough falls and stays durable.
- Holds strong and is long-lasting.
- Works well in rainy conditions.
- Bar feels solid and responds well.
- Feels stiff, but allows for flex and vibration to avoid feeling too harsh.
- The shape of the bar provides comfort and an ergonomic grip.
- Lightweight, but remains strong.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive, and doesn’t come with a set of bar end plugs, which help in securing the end of handlebar tape to make sure the wrap stays tight.
- Some wish it was a full 1″ rise instead of 3/4 rise.
- Will scuff in a few spots after prolonged wear-and-tear.
The Race Face SIXC DH Handlebar is a durable, comfortable, and lightweight option, that combines stiffness and flexibility into one product, allowing for a technical bar that is suitable for various riding conditions. The higher price point means this is a splurge, but for those who want an ergonomic bar with a good feel, this is a great choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.