We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Fox Racing Rampage Pro Carbon MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 22
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and well-ventilated.
- Very comfortable and protective.
- Uses MIPS, which protects your head against rotational impacts.
- Good breathability for a full-face helmet.
- The helmet provides good visibility, including enough peripheral vision.
- 17 vents provide ample breathability during use.
- The liner dries quickly after getting wet with sweat, and has a nice feel on your head.
- The visor easily adjusts to determine how much protection you want.
- The snug fit and good strap design aid in the overall protection provided.
- The visor is held on with magnets, which keeps the visor in place, but also breaks away in the event of an impact, reducing any forces that could further damage your head in a crash.
- Uses foam that is spread out over a wide surface area in the helmet, protecting and comforting all around the head instead of just concentrated in a few spots.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not considered low-profile, but that is a trade-off for protecting well.
- Might have to size-up.
- Some issues with the visor screws loosening occasionally.
- Expensive option, but a high-quality product.
The Fox Racing Rampage Pro Carbon MIPS Helmet is a protective, breathable, and adjustable option, that combines full-head protection with functionality. The MIPS liner in the helmet protects against rotational impacts, while the secure fit, strap design, and adjustable visor all aid in enhancing protection and maximizing a comfortable fit. Despite being expensive, this is a high-quality product, making the extra money well worth it.