We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Volcom Shadow Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 53
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm and has plenty of pockets for storage.
- Attractive color options.
- 2-way zipper for temperature regulation.
- Warm, but remains lightweight.
- Breathes well during activity.
- Flattering and stylish for an active jacket.
- Offers great mobility for activities and has waterproofing capabilities.
- Lightweight for being fully insulated.
- Regular fit with room to layer underneath.
- Long length in the torso to fully cover and prevent snow from entering.
- Hood is helmet-compatible and allows you to turn your head fully.
- Waterproofing capabilities are high enough to withstand rain and snow.
- 80 grams of insulation aids in keeping you warm.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sleeve can catch on the Velcro near the main zipper.
- Some reports of running too long, and tight in the hips.
- Waterproofing rating isn’t high enough to withstand very wet weather.
- Not very packable due to being fully insulated.
The Volcom Shadow Insulated Jacket for women is a warm and stylish jacket that is well-suited for long days at the ski resort. The longer fit prevents snow from getting in, but some may not like the length for some activities. Although the weatherproofing may not keep out the wettest of storms, the warmth and style of this jacket make it a great pick in all but the worst Mother Nature can throw at you.