We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 138
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to set up quickly, since the ends of the poles match the colors of the tent and rain fly.
- Big and roomy, providing ample comfort.
- Lightweight for how big of a tent it is.
- Large side openings are good for ventilation.
- Properly protects against heavy rains.
- Interior height is impressive for a 3 person tent.
- Holds up in high winds and inclement weather.
- Five storage pockets for plenty of spaces to keep your items
- Two vestibules that are 9 square feet allow for ample ventilation.
- Able to put into a canopy-only mode, letting in natural light and more space.
- Can withstand almost four-season conditions, despite being labeled as a 3-season tent, since it can withstand high winds and snow.
- Easy to set-up, even with just one person.
- The light weight of the tent makes it not unreasonable for only 2 people to carry.
- As comfortable and spacious as lightweight tents can be.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The flaps can get caught in the zippers due to the material being lightweight.
- Some may not like the footprint, since it is lightweight and somewhat flimsy.
- Expensive, but if you take long trips and need a quality tent, this is a good option.
- The two zippers on the vestibules takes a little more time to open than a single zipper.
- The taper is a bit tight, limiting the inside dimensions of the tent despite feeling roomy.
- The stakes are grey and don’t come with any reflective colors, like some of the other tent pieces.
The Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season is a spacious, weather-protective, and lightweight option that is best for two or three people on any type of outdoor trip. The lighter weight for being such a protective and roomy tent makes this a great option for backpackers. Despite the inner dimensions being a bit small for 3 people, the adjustability of using canopy-only mode, big vestibules, and tall height of the tent allows for a spacious feel, making this a good option for two or three travelers.