We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Thermoball Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 774
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good fit and material for casual wear.
- Able to comfortably wear under a shell for more active use.
- Lightweight and packable.
- Minimal and sleek style.
- Comfortable and easy to pack into a bag without taking up much room.
- The synthetic insulation allows you to stay warm even after getting wet.
- Utilizes a hem-cinch to keep the cold out.
- Two hand pockets for warmth and easy storage.
- Elastic binding at the cuff and hood to seal in the heat and keep a snug fit.
- Easily compressible and can pack into a small space.
- Absorbs very little water and dries very quickly.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of not being warm enough.
- Not as cozy or comfortable as other options.
- Doesn’t have a zipper garage or internal chest pocket.
- Not the most breathable option for aerobic activities.
The North Face Thermoball Hooded Insulated Jacket for women is a compressible, wind-resistant, and comfortable layering option that utilizes synthetic insulation to provide warmth even when wet. The ability to easily pack this jacket makes it a good choice for layering on cold days, since you can easily wear this under a shell. This jacket isn’t as cozy as others on the market, and its breathability is only average, but for a synthetic layer, this is a solid choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.