We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Gotham II Hooded Down Parka – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1650
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stretchy fabric provides ample mobility.
- Keeps you warm on cold days without being too heavy.
- Hood is adjustable to keep breezes out and keep you warm.
- Stylish fit with the ability to move around freely.
- Wind resistance to block light breezes.
- Lightweight and stylish for casual use.
- Insulated with down and synthetic insulation to provide good warmth.
- Removable hood for versatility.
- Hood is roomy enough to wear a hat underneath.
- Extremely comfortable and lightweight.
- Sporty style and feel.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of fitting too tightly in the chest area and upper torso.
- Some feathers can escape out of the jacket after prolonged use.
- Pockets only have fleece lining on one side, reducing the warmth and comfort.
- Water only beads up for a short period of time, and then will soak through.
- Once the jacket gets wet, it isn’t warm.
- No interior cuffs in the sleeves which reduces the heat retention.
The North Face Gotham II Hooded Down Parka for women is a stylish, lightweight, and versatile jacket that is best used for casual wear in mild and dry weather. The lack of waterproofing or windproofing makes this unsuitable for active outdoor use, but the stretchy fabric, adjustable hood, warmth, and style provided makes this a great option for wearing around the town or for light activity.