We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Elgin Pullover Hoodie – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 38
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- High-quality material and construction.
- Comfortable and breathes well.
- Durable material that withstands wear-and-tear.
- Good wind-resistant capabilities.
- Multiple reports of being very comfortable.
- Hood has reinforced fabric that resists water soaking through.
- DWR-treated for protection against light precipitation.
- Kangaroo pocket is convenient for easy storage.
- The fit and material makes this hoodie good for both casual and active use.
- Able to wear as a 4-season piece as a layering option in the winter, and as a stand-alone in the shoulder seasons and summer.
- The construction of the hoodie around the chin area keeps it upright, looking sleek and preventing drafts from entering.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive, but the high quality is worth the price.
- Some reports of the fabric pilling after multiple washes.
- Not the most technical piece on the market or a high-performance option.
The Arc’teryx Elgin Pullover Hoodie for men is a comfortable, durable, and breathable layering option that is well-suited for those who want another warmth-providing layer during cold days outside. The reinforced hood, DWR treatment, and wind-resistant capabilities all enhance the weather protection provided, making this a suitable option for a broad range of weather conditions. Despite not being a highly-technical piece, this is a great option for layering under more technical outer layers, or for wearing as a stand-alone during good weather.