We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX Mountaineering Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 75
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to carry heavy loads comfortably while wearing these boots.
- Works well with crampons.
- High-quality materials and construction.
- Laces provide a snug and contoured fit to your foot shape.
- Very durable even after prolonged use.
- Waterproofing works.
- Multiple reports of fitting so well there was minimal break-in and no blisters.
- Stiff enough to handle heavy loads and tough terrain.
- Very lightweight in terms of heavy-duty mountaineering boots.
- Comprised of a synthetic waterproof upper for weather protection.
- The internal mesh padding and tongue provide comfort on your foot.
- The combination of materials used provides both comfort and warmth.
- The soft rubber provides ample traction on various surfaces.
- The lacing system is very lightweight and provides a seamless design, maintaining waterproofing and durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not really insulated or full-shank for those that may need extra warmth or support.
- Might need to size up to get the correct fit.
- Expensive option when compared to other mountaineering boots.
- The liner might be too thin for some people, especially in cold weather on snow or ice.
- Doesn’t have a full shank, meaning they don’t give the same support as full-shank boots do for prolonged time on vertical ice.
- Despite having ample traction, the soles can wear out fairly quickly due to the rubber being softer.
- The toe box width is slightly narrow, and may not fit some wider feet.
The La Sportiva Trango Cube GTX Mountaineering Boot for men is a lightweight, waterproof, and durable option for those who want a comfortable, warm, and moderately-stiff boot. Despite not having a full-shank for extra stability, the support provided by these boots makes them suitable for most conditions, while the seamless and synthetic upper aid in waterproofing. Unless you spend prolonged periods of time on vertical ice, these heavy-duty boots should get the job done for almost all adventurers.