We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 19
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very minimal break-in time for ample comfort.
- Stable and secure on rocky terrain for ample support.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Remains durable after thousands of miles.
- The frontal area of the shoe and the toe box provides comfort during steep descents.
- Provides support and grip on a variety of terrain.
- Contains enough support and rigidity to provide comfort while carrying heavy packs.
- The boot provides plenty of warmth during cold temperatures.
- The look is sleek and stylish for on and off-the-trail style.
- The construction of the boot lessens the likelihood of rolling your ankle.
- The boots conform to your feet for a snug and comfortable fit.
- Features a Gore-Tex tongue and lining that helps to keep out precipitation and snow.
- The toe cap provides protection against tough terrain and debris.
- The foam inside helps to conform the boot to your specific foot shape and support your foot.
- Strap-on crampon compatible for additional functionality.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users might want to change out and use their own insole for additional comfort.
- Can be a bit bulky and awkward to maneuver in since it is so heavy-duty.
- Expensive when compared to other options on the market.
- Heavier than other similar boot choices.
- The boots are not completely waterproof, and will leak in water when they are completely submerged.
- The mesh can allow water to drain from your shoes but can also allow mild rain and snow into the boots.
The Mammut Trovat Advanced High GTX Boot for men is a durable, protective, and heavy-duty option that can work well for those who frequently hike in alpine conditions and need warm boots. Despite not being the lightest or the least expensive, these boots are durable, sturdy, and comfortable.