We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Equipment Eclipse Half-Zip Hoodie – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 21
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The material dries quickly after getting wet.
- The hood can stretch to fit over your head, providing a snug and protective fit.
- Able to adjust the hoodie to cover your face and ears.
- Easy to unzip and configure to allow for extra ventilation once you get warmed up.
- Hood works under a hat or helmet, and can cover your face with the side zip.
- Wicking fabric aids in quick-drying abilities and provides a good warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Thumbholes keep the sleeves from moving during active use.
- Lightweight and non-constricting fit.
- Scuba-style hood provides full-face coverage to protect against elements and provide warmth.
- The chest zip provides ample temperature regulation and ventilation for warmer days.
- The four-way stretch allows you to have a full range of motion and layer easily.
- The seams are flat for comfort against your skin.
- The gridded pattern keeps in the warm air and provides stretch.
- Uses polygiene to reduce odor.
- Features a Napoleon pocket for easy storage.
- Able to easily tuck this layer into pants to prevent riding up during movement.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might need to size-up if you don’t want it very snug.
- Some may find the hood and zipper to be bulky around your neck when fully zipped up.
- Not a lot of pockets.
- It only provides moderate warmth, and you can find similarly-priced options that are warmer.
The Mountain Equipment Eclipse Half-Zip Hoodie for men is a breathable, mobile, and lightweight layering option, that provides optimal materials and fit for active use. The thumbholes, ability to tuck into pants, and side-zip are all nice features. The impressive warmth-to-weight ratio makes this a good option for using as a base or mid-layer on moderate to cold days.