We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Beta SL Hybrid Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 90
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good fit but has enough room for comfortable layering.
- Very lightweight but remains windproof and waterproof.
- The membrane provides great breathability and has pit zips for extra ventilation.
- Durable in tough weather conditions.
- Very packable and easy to transport.
- Versatile for all-season use.
- Repels water and is ultra-durable.
- Uses integrated fabric types to combine durability and flexibility to create a long-lasting and protective jacket that moves well with you.
- Very lightweight but still has high performance capabilities.
- More durable than the previous versions.
- Combines protection and technical features for a versatile jacket.
- The thicker membrane placed in high wear areas like the shoulders and the pit zips makes the “hybrid” version of the Beta SL worth looking at over the non-hybrid version.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Pockets are not waterproof.
- Expensive but high-quality.
- More expensive than the previous models.
- Despite being more durable, the Gore-Tex Paclite fabric is still lighter and less durable than other options on the market.
- As a lightweight shell, this jacket does not provide as much protection as other heavier options.
- The cut of the “hybrid” version is a little different from the older non-hybrid version and some people may not like the change.
The Arc’teryx Beta SL Hybrid Jacket for men is a lightweight and versatile shell for those who want protection from the elements but don’t want to carry a bulky or heavy jacket. Despite being more expensive and less durable than some other options on the market, the protection provided in tough weather, easy transporting, and ample ventilation make this a great choice.