We’ve read the reviews across the web for the NEMO Equipment Inc. Cosmo Insulated Sleep Pad and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 120
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to pump for increased user-friendliness.
- The shape contours to your body to prevent rolling off while sleeping.
- The horizontal baffling is stable and does not move around uncomfortably while sleeping.
- The padding is thick for plenty of comfort while sleeping on your back or your side.
- There are multiple valves you can use for quick deflation.
- The pad has plenty of length to accommodate taller people.
- The pad packs down quite small for easy transportability.
- The material is long-lasting and durable to prevent punctures or snags.
- The horizontal baffling evenly distributes pressure points to avoid discomfort.
- The width of the pad ensures you do not roll off during the night.
- The extra padding, length, and width work well for car camping and short backpacking trips.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The foot valve is difficult to open, reducing the easy access.
- The built-in pillow is not comfortable for sleeping all-night-long.
- The warmth of this pad is only for summer use, reducing the versatility for multi-season use.
- Heavy when compared to similar pads on the market.
- The material can be a little noisy if you frequently roll over a lot during the night.
- The one-way pump valve does not completely seal, meaning air can leak out during the night.
- The built-in pump can add weight, making this not the best choice for long-distance trekking.
The NEMO Equipment Inc. Cosmo Insulated Sleep Pad is a padded, comfortable, and high-quality option that works well for frequent car campers and weekend backpackers. Although this pad is too heavy and bulky for longer treks, the high amount of cushion, extra length and width, and user-friendly nature makes this a good choice for overnight camping.