We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Leopard LLF Crampon and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 3.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 18
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight and packs small for easy transport.
- Durable and withstands wear-and-tear.
- Great for all-day use due to the lighter weight.
- Can be easily folded and put into the storage bag.
- Adjustments are easy to make quickly and on-the-go.
- Very lightweight and made entirely of aluminum to keep the weight down.
- Very compact and easy to pack due to the easy length adjustment.
- The binding system uses an elastic strap, allowing for easy on and off.
- The heel lever makes it easy to install and remove crampons.
- Will be versatile and suitable for most boot packing on ski tours.
- Comes with a bag.
- The binding system is compatible with hiking and approach shoes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Takes a little bit of time to get the crampons compatible with your ski boots on the first attempt.
- A few reports of the crampons coming off during ascents.
- Some people say that it takes a bit of time to get used to the adjustments on the crampons, despite being technically easy, and after the first time they are very easy to use.
The Petzl Leopard LLF Crampon is a lightweight, compact, and relatively easy-to-use option that is great for skiers who want versatility with their crampons, and the ability to be compatible with various boots. Despite taking a little bit of time to get used to the crampon adjustment system, after the first few uses, users will appreciate the technically-easy set-up. Overall, these crampons are easy to transport, adjustable, and durable, making them a great option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.