We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Platypus GravityWorks 2.0L Filter System – Reservoir Kit and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 278
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight, but remains durable.
- Easy to put together, take apart, and operate.
- The clean water reservoir can be used as a storage container for extra clean water.
- You can also store extra yet-to-be-purified water in the dirty water reservoir.
- Price is good for the high-quality value you get.
- Filtration rate is fast and effectively cleans.
- Marked clearly for dirty and clean hoses.
- Easy to maintain and keep clean.
- You can hang the clean bag from a tree and close the valve so you can use it as an on-demand camp canteen.
- Great for family or group use.
- Comes with a two-compartment storage bag for easy packing.
- The material of the bag is sturdy and durable.
- Backflush lets you easily maintain the bag and ensure optimal performance.
- Don’t have to pump the water out, and instead uses gravity for quicker and easier filtering.
- The wide opening lets you easily fill the bag.
- The capacity lets you bring water for multiple people.
- Treats against bacteria effectively.
- Can integrate with Platypus accessories for full customization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The little plastic on/off valve clip doesn’t open all the way, which slows the processing and pouring of water.
- If you filter very dirty water, it can clog the filter.
- Filter can freeze and break left outside in freezing temps.
- Hard to fill the bag from shallow water sources, especially if water is slow moving.
The Platypus GravityWorks 2.0L Filter System – Reservoir Kit is a durable, easy-to-use, and efficient system that purifies water quickly by using gravity. While you can’t allow the filter to freeze, and it can clog in extremely dirty water, the fast filtration rate, intuitive design, and ease of use all make one of the best choices on the market.