We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Alpha FL Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 148
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Slim fitting for a stylish look.
- Waterproof and windproof for weather protection.
- Breathes well during use.
- Durable and comfortable.
- Lightweight and functional.
- Fair price for the high-quality value you get.
- Lock at the hem seals in the heat and allows for adjustable temperature control.
- Very packable due to the lighter-weight and slim fit.
- Usable for four-seasons for added functionality.
- Less than 12 ounces, which makes it extremely lightweight.
- 40-denier fabric is very durable and is the second-toughest material used in Arc’teryx products.
- Gore-Tex membrane provides solid weatherproofing.
- The membrane is also quite breathable, especially for being so waterproof.
- Fitted, but allows you to wear light layers underneath.
- The elbows are articulated for full range of motion.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Doesn’t have a lot of technical features, in order to save on weight.
- The cut is a little short in the front, which might expose the layers underneath.
- The shoulders might wet-out during prolonged exposure to heavy rain.
- Only contains one zippered chest pocket, so some people might need more storage options.
The Arc’teryx Alpha FL Jacket for men is a lightweight, weatherproof, and breathable option that efficiently combines comfort, mobility, and protective features all into one jacket. The ability to use this jacket all-year-round makes it versatile, letting you wear the hood over a helmet, utilizing extremely durable fabric, and compressing for easy packing. The multiple technical features makes this a great all-around jacket.