We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque Sundowner GTX Backpacking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 162
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for long-term use.
- Great construction around the ankle area to protect and support.
- Reliable traction on various surfaces.
- Waterproof for extra weather protection.
- Sturdy and can withstand wear-and-tear.
- Retro look and red laces add style.
- Sole is more flexible than previous models for added comfort.
- The leather is high-quality and stylish.
- Provides great stability and traction on various terrain.
- Multiple reports of being comfortable and stable.
- Durable and long-lasting make and material.
- Gore-Tex provides waterproofing abilities.
- Good breathability for having Gore-Tex material.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of not breaking-in in the toe area, causing pain in the front area.
- May need to add an additional insert if you need more arch support.
- On the heavier side when compared to similar boots on the market.
- Slightly more expensive option than similar boots on the market.
- Despite the multiple reports of comfort, there are still some reviews of being too uncomfortable to wear; this brings into question the comfort of the product.
The Vasque Sundowner GTX Backpacking Boot for women is a stylish boot that provides ample traction, support, and comfort for long-term use. The higher price point and the differing opinions of fit may deter some, but as long as you try on the boot before purchasing and ensure that the fit will work with your foot, this boot should provide weather protection, adjustability, and support for miles.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.