We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Creek 35L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 35
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Debris and dirt washes off easily.
- Performs well after multiple days of climbing due to durability.
- Comfortable to wear during prolonged use.
- Stands up during packing and unpacking which is really nice.
- Unzips to the bottom to quickly dump and load gear.
- You can zip up from the bottom to grab gear from the bottom of the pack, making packing easier.
- Hip pads and shoulder straps add comfort and enhance carrying abilities.
- The full side zipper adds functionality and convenience.
- The full side zipper pocket contains two organizer pockets for convenience.
- The shell fabric is waterproof for weather protection.
- The shoulder straps are padded for comfort.
- Hip-belt is removable, adding flexibility.
- Able to top-load to easily pack and access what’s inside.
- The outer fabric is very durable and tough against outer debris.
- The zippers are big for easy access to the sides.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The cinches that secure the rain cover can break during use.
- Lacks top stabilization straps.
- The handle between the shoulder straps can stand straight up, which can rub the back of your neck.
- The bag is just barely big enough for a full day of climbing essentials.
- The rainfly holder is too short when the bag is packed fully.
The Black Diamond Creek 35L Backpack is a functional, waterproof, and comfortable pack that is well-suited for climbers. The technical features like the ability to top-load the pack, removable hip-belt, and ability of the bag to stand upright all make this an extremely functional and convenient backpack that is designed for climbers. Despite being a little small for a full day of climbing essentials, if you are a climber that packs lightly and has someone to help you carry some essentials, this could be a solid choice.