We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Stratos 34L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 193
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits snug and secure and is very comfortable for long days.
- The ample zippered pockets provide secure storage for items.
- The rainfly is included for extra protection against inclement weather.
- Great for those who want a minimalist pack for an overnight trip.
- Highly adjustable to dial in the perfect fit for your body.
- Easy to load and unpack for ease-of-use and convenience.
- Durable to withstand abrasions and tough terrain while hiking.
- Ample compartments to keep your gear securely stored.
- The airspeed suspension is comfortable and ventilated for breathability and comfort while carrying heavy loads.
- The back panel has added adjustability for changes in torso length to get the perfect fit.
- The seamless shoulder straps are comfortable and make it easier to carry heavy loads.
- The removable sleeping pad straps let you easily connect your sleeping pad to the outside of the bag for functionality.
- Comes in a variety of colors for complete personalization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The medium/large size does not fit under your plane seat completely, limiting carry-on compatibility.
- The front zipper pocket can’t fit anything when the main compartment is full, limiting the storage capabilities.
- The frame of the pack isn’t removable, limiting the alterations that can be done to the pack.
- Not the lightest option on the market for a single-day or one overnight pack.
- Some reports of the logos coming off after minimal use.
- A bit heavy for backpacking or going long distances.
- The sides of the mesh can dig into your back slightly while carrying, meaning you should try on the pack with weight before purchasing.
- There is no harness adjustability, so make sure you get the right frame size when purchasing.
- Although it has a reservoir sleeve inside the main compartment, it is not the best choice for those who want a hydration pack.
The Osprey Packs Stratos 34L Backpack is a functional, comfortable, and adjustable option that is well-suited for those who frequently go on day hikes or single overnight treks. Despite not being the lightest and having some issues with the fit of the mesh, this could be a good choice for those who have tried the backpack on, like the fit, and are looking for a backpack with ample storage space, breathability, and comfort for all-day use.