We’ve read the reviews across the web for the G3 Expedition Climbing Skin and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 47
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The process of measuring and cutting the skins is simple and straightforward.
- Good value for the high-quality you get.
- The skins grip very well and are reliable.
- Provide optimal glide to grip.
- Long-lasting over multiple years.
- Folds down very small and transports easily.
- The tip loop attachment comes in three sizes to be sure to fit any ski.
- The tail strap reduces any drag from the slopes, enhancing performance.
- Stiffer plush-backing can aid certain skiing styles.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The glue can gum up over time.
- The tip hook can scratch up the ski’s top sheets.
- G3’s customer service is poor.
- The metal loops can let go when the glue fails to work.
- The glue might not be as strong or reliable as others.
- The system (tip and tail connectors) isn’t removable to cut the skins for shorter skis.
The G3 Expedition Climbing Skin is a high-grip, long-lasting, and functional skin. The overall reliability and consistent grip make this a good choice for those ski tourers looking for a nylon skin.