We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Fischer Ranger Free 130 Alpine Ski Boot and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 23
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The walk mode is easy to use and comfortable in-between runs.
- Comfortable out of the box and requires only minimal break-in time.
- Versatile to work with different types of skis and bindings.
- Durable for long-lasting use over 1 to 2 ski seasons.
- The walk mode provides ample mobility and range of motion for added functionality.
- Very comfortable for all-day use on the mountain.
- Features four buckles and a power strap for a snug and secure fit.
- The cuffs is higher up the shin than other backcountry boots for additional support.
- Works well as an everyday boot that performs as an all-around option.
- The walk mode is easily engaged with a small lever that can be quickly flipped.
- Features a full toe piece so that it is compatible with downhill bindings with anti-friction plates for increased versatility.
- The Vibram sole is grippy on a variety of terrain for ample stability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not provide much insulation to keep your feet warm on very cold days.
- Despite the boot being durable, the liners can break-down quickly.
- The cuff can bunch up against the lower buckle when skinning at steep angles, which can reduce the functionality and comfort.
- The shape is less contoured than other boots, so it might require heat-molding to get the perfect shape for your foot.
- Not the lightest option on the market when compared to other similar boots.
- It can be time-consuming to get the proper fit and adjustments for your foot shape.
- No lateral cuff adjustment for increased personalization of fit.
The Fischer Ranger Free 130 Alpine Ski Boot is a durable, versatile, and comfortable option that has the ability to quickly switch between walk and tour mode while on-the-go. Although you need to take some time to find the correct fit and adjust the size, once you do, you will experience the benefits of the snug fit, stable feel, and complete range of motion.