We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lake CX402 Speedplay Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 15
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fairly breathable for a leather shoe.
- Leather is soft and comfortable for all-day use.
- Closure system is secure and easy to use.
- The fit molds to your foot and prevents any heel movement.
- Provides full-contact on the pedal, maximizing power transfer.
- The heat-moldable fit provides a customized fit tailored to each person.
- The ultra-stiff sole aids in power transfer.
- The heel cup is made out of heat-moldable carbon, which aids in security and comfort.
- The upper is comprised of soft leather, and prevents any loss of power during the pull phase.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the comfiest to walk in, especially for longer distances.
- Some issues with the BOA dials being difficult to adjust during rides.
- Might have to loosen the BOA dials on longer rides.
- The outer leather can develop some folds during use, which doesn’t look as stylish.
- Very expensive, but is worth it if you pride stiffness over price.
- Not the most breathable, due to having no mesh sections or holes for cooling.
The Lake CX402 Speedplay Cycling Shoe for men is a highly-adjustable, powerful, and comfortable shoe that combines a secure and snug fit with soft leather. Despite being relatively breathable with the lighter material, the lack of vents and perforations does limit the breathability. The BOA dials might be slightly difficult to adjust during rides, and the outer leather can develop some folds during use. Even so, the heat-customized fit, ample power transfer, and soft leather make this a good choice for most riders.