We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Shimano XTR M9020 Trail Brakes and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 119
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Expensive, but a high-quality product and construction.
- Works very well with 180mm rotors on an enduro bike.
- Stylish design and lightweight.
- Handles the heat well to prevent any overheating.
- Able to install easily by yourself.
- Good stopping power for a highly reliable product.
- Able to use with one finger for ease of use.
- Removes as much heat as possible, and quickly, through cooling fins on the pads to prevent overheating.
- Able to use with one finger with a good feel and control.
- Great construction and feel.
- The smaller bar clamp and reach adjust control were both improved for functionality.
- Modulation is very smooth and easy to actuate with one finger.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The lever feel is soft due to the flex which some may not like.
- Spongy feeling in the rear due to the low fluid volume and thin plastic.
- Expensive option when compared to others on the market.
- When you add the rotor, the weight isn’t the lightest when compared to the competition.
- Might need more power for e-mtb riding.
The Shimano XTR M9020 Trail Brakes are easy to use, functional, and smooth. Despite being expensive and not the lightest on the market, the brakes provide a great feel to use with one finger, making them easy and reliable to use. The brakes are well-suited for those who want brakes that have good stopping power, are easy to install, and have a stylish design.