We’ve read the reviews across the web for the OneUp Components Aluminum Pedal and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 164
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Plenty of room for your foot to easily fit on the platform.
- Keeps your feet planted while riding on various types of terrain.
- Great grip to keep your feet secure.
- Durable to protect against debris hitting the pedals.
- Smooth ride when using.
- Slim profile and lightweight.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Thin profile, but remains grippy.
- The pins let you fine tune the grip for full customziation.
- Doesn’t slip when you’re climbing.
- Reasonably priced for a high-quality product.
- Easy to maintain and service.
- Functional and ideal pin location to distribute weight well.
- The bearings can withstand wear and tear.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Will need to use two pedal spacers for them to be compatible with crank boots.
- The grip screws are very sharp so you should be careful.
- Some may not like the flat platform, instead of a curved shape.
- The larger spindle doesn’t allow you to use carbon crank sleeves without modifying.
- Only provides minimal color choices.
- The inboard bearing is a bit bulky when compared to the others.
The OneUp Components Aluminum Pedal is a durable, lightweight, and high-grip option that does a good job of keeping your feet secure and distributing the weight well. Despite some users not preferring a flat platform instead of a curved one, the slim profile remains grippy, and protects your feet during riding. This is a great pedal due to its durability, smooth ride, and reasonable price.