We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack Mid GTX Hiking Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 88
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Very comfortable and little break-in time.
- Provides ample cushion on hard trails.
- Withstands wear-and-tear and protects against debris.
- Multiple reviews of the sizing being true to size and the width feeling correct.
- Provides a sturdy underfoot for stable footing on rocky trails.
- Lacing system is easy to use and tightens easily across your foot.
- The heel helps with braking on downhills and provides stability.
- Rubber holds up to prolonged use on tough trails.
- Provides more stability than most lower-top hiking shoes.
- Repels light rain and moisture.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the laces breaking after use.
- Some reports of the shoes not being waterproof, but more like water-resistant.
- Despite many user reviews of being comfortable out of the box, there were reports of having less cushioning than modern designs and providing little arch support.
- Rubber toe cap provides protection in the front of the shoe, but doesn’t protect against impacts to the side of the rubber.
- The thin upper of the shoe didn’t protect well enough against debris.
- Despite repelling light precipitation, this shoe wouldn’t be good for submersion or a hot summer day due to the lack of breathability.
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack Mid GTX Hiking Boot for men is a stable, grippy, and durable option that is well-suited for those who frequently hike on mixed trails with various terrain. The issues with this boot include limited cushioning, a thin upper that lacks in protection, and water-resistant ability instead of complete waterproofing. Despite the flaws, this is a good choice for those who want a boot that provides more stability than similar options on the market.