We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva TX4 Approach Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The rubber is sticky and grips well on various surfaces.
- The toe box is firm and protective.
- Soles are flexible, but still provide enough rigidity to work on unstable terrain.
- Able to carry heavy loads due to the stiffness and support.
- The lacing system provides customization of fit.
- Lightweight and minimal break-in time.
- Provides support and durability during use.
- Performs well on both approaches and climbs, adding versatility.
- Soft enough for all-day comfort, but also stable enough to perform on hard surfaces.
- The Vibram rubber provides stickiness on descents.
- A supportive shoe that is able to hold its shape during long hikes.
- High-quality construction is long-lasting.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the shoe not being comfortable for high-arch feet.
- Not super breathable in warm or humid conditions.
- The shoes might be too warm for hotter days.
- The carabiner attachment on the back is prone to wear-and-tear.
The La Sportiva TX4 Approach Shoe for men is a supportive, comfortable, and rigid option for those who want high performance for approaches. The tendency for the shoe to run hotter may not make it suitable for those who live in consistently warm climates, but for hikers and climbers who want a grippy and flexible, yet stable shoe, this is a great choice.