We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 11
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and functional for a variety of conditions.
- Pockets are deep to hold bigger-sized items.
- Drawstring at waist and ankles for adjustability.
- Able to use as a stand-alone pant in weather down to 40 degrees, and can layer underneath during below freezing temperatures.
- Insulation-filled to keep your legs warm in cold conditions.
- Athletic fit to layer easily underneath but remain performance-oriented.
- High-quality materials that are long-lasting.
- Very versatile to wear all-year-round.
- Use lightweight ripstop nylon for the outer layer to remain protective.
- The ripstop nylon is stronger than previous models, enhancing durability.
- Compresses very small for easy transport.
- Unlike most other ultralight down pants, the leg bottoms have zippers to let you put them on/off over boots easily.
- Very comfortable due to the soft material and warmth provided.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might need to size-up so the waistband doesn’t feel too tight.
- The fabric has no stretch, but you can still move freely due to the wide gusset.
- Stitching comes out too easily. Maybe they have quality control issues.
The Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Pant for men is a comfortable, warm, and versatile pants that is well-suited for those who want lightweight warmth. You can easily wear a base layer underneath for sub-freezing temperatures, or wear as a stand-alone pant in the moderate seasons. The bottom leg zippers allow for easy on/off while wearing boots. Despite the fabric not having any stretch, the gusseted interior lets you move around freely, making these pants great for hanging out in camp, wearing on the mountain, or for relaxing in your tent after a long day.