We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Skyward II Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 46
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Breathes incredibly well.
- Scuff guards protect from debris and from ripping on tough objects.
- Outdoor Research’s “Ascent Shell” fabric is waterproof and windproof, like Gore-Tex, but unlike Gore-Tex it can actually stretch which makes for a very comfortable pant.
- Waterproof pockets keep your valuables dry.
- Adjustable straps let you get a snug and customized fit on the hips.
- Multiple reports of the sizing feeling accurate.
- Soft and stretchy material allows for ample movement.
- The outer fabric has more stretch than the previous version.
- Double-waist snaps to keep it secure and closed.
- Big thigh vents on the sides for breathability.
- Includes a beacon pocket within the hip pocket for safety.
- Moves well during activities for ample mobility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of a faulty zipper that caused the pants to be exchanged.
- Leg cuffs don’t adjust to expand if needed.
- Uninsulated, so will need to layer in cold weather.
- Some users may not like the thigh pockets that add bulk to the pants.
- The cargo pockets are placed too close to the knees, so items in your pocket may bounce on your knees.
- Eliminated the suspender clips which may not suit some.
The Outdoor Research Skyward II Pant for men is a flexible, breathable and durable pant that is well-suited for those who are engaging in high intensity activities in the mountains. Any complaints about these pants are extremely minor and pale in comparison to their incredible breathability and comfort. Overall, we would highly recommend these pants for active alpine use.