We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Bell Super DH MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 92 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 128
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lots of ventilation to keep you cool.
- Plenty of padding to keep your head comfortable.
- Very comfortable for long-term use without being too heavy
- Secure fit during full face mode.
- MIPS helmet provides extra safety and protection against impacts.
- Features a breakaway action camera mount for functionality.
- Helmet is lighter due to the polylcarbonate shell.
- Cheek padding has great cushioning for added comfort.
- Uses two different layers of foam to absorb rotational impacts.
- Gives a solid feel on full-face mode and feels secure.
- Great option for a deep coverage endurance helmet.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive, but is worth it for the high-quality construction and safety provided.
- If your sunglasses have a wide bow, they won’t be able to fit very well.
- Wider and less ventilated than other options on the market.
- Pressure point in the back of the head during the half-shell mode.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
The Bell Super DH MIPS Helmet is a comfortable, lightweight, and protective option that is well-suited for an endurance helmet. Despite not being as ventilated as other options and some concerns with pressure points in half-shell mode, the ample cushioning, secure fit on full-face mode, and lighter weight makes this a great option.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.