We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Vasque Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 294
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very minimal break-in period for almost immediate comfort.
- Comfortable for long-distance hikes over mulitple days.
- Keeps your feet warm during cold temperatures.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- The shoe is stuff and supportive enough to support heavy backpacking packs.
- The arch is defined for added support during long hikes.
- The midsole is a molded EVA for extra comfort and support.
- Versatile for a variety of hiking conditions.
- This boot is great for those who have narrow feet due to its slim construction.
- The lace-up closure provides a personalized and snug fit.
- The over-the-ankle construction allows for extra stability on uneven terrain.
- Provides good traction on dry trail terrain for sure footing.
- Stable and sturdy for use on uneven terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the soles not being the most durable for long-lasting use over multiple hiking seasons.
- Does not have confidence-inspiring traction in unsteady or wet terrain, such as scree or ice.
- The leather absorbs water in wet conditions, meaning it will not be completely waterproof in prolonged precipitation or snow.
- Does not have the best traction for slabs or slippery surfaces.
- Not the most breathable for use on hot hiking days.
The Vasque Talus Trek UltraDry Hiking Boot for women is a stable, supportive, and versatile option that can provide warmth and support on a variety of hikes and walks. Although the traction is not the best for slippery surfaces, this boot is good for those who need extra ankle support, all-day comfort, and stiffness for withstanding heavy backpacking packs.