We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Avant Featherless Hoody – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 104
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides comfort and warmth during a wide range of temperatures.
- Durable and comfortable during activities.
- Warm for the weight and packs down small for easy transport.
- Multiple reports of generally running true to size.
- Water repellent and lightweight.
- Lightweight and compressible.
- Warm and durable for a variety of conditions.
- Stays warm when wet, unlike down.
- The insulation doesn’t spread apart inside due to the weaved baffles.
- The outer shell is 20D of tough material that is wind resistant.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No drawstring for the hood limits functionality.
- Might need to size up if you have a larger upper body.
- Not as compressible as down, despite packing down well.
- Not very breathable compared to other options.
- Tighter fit across the back and upper body.
The Marmot Avant Featherless Hoody for men is a synthetic, compressible, and durable layer that is well-suited for a variety of conditions. Despite not being the most breathable, this jacket works well in a wide range of temperatures, and can be used for active use. This is a great jacket for any adventure due to the weather protection, warmth for the weight, and mobility.