We’ve read the reviews across the web for the POC Ventral Spin Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 59
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great visibility while wearing.
- Very comfortable for long days.
- Ventilates well for ample breathability.
- Balances lightweight construction with comfort and safety.
- Removable pads for functionality and added comfort.
- The height-adjustable cradle provides a stable and secure fit while remaining comfortable.
- Works well with most sunglasses due to the grippers and design.
- Covers most of the head for added safety and protection.
- Lower profile than other POC models for an attractive look.
- Available in a variety of colors for personalization.
- Looks stylish and sleek due to the construction and low-profile.
- Extra protection and concussion protection due to the construction and safety measures.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some issues with the straps being too short and not being able to buckle comfortably.
- The straps are too small and don’t reach the bottom of your ears even when fully extended.
- The shape is more ovoid than a rounder one found on previous models, so you might have to get a different size to ensure it fits correctly.
- The strap design doesn’t allow enough space around the ears, making your ears feel constricted.
- The claim of being extremely fast and aerodynamic is only via computer simulation, so might not actually be true.
- The sunglasses storage doesn’t work for all types of shades.
The POC Ventral Spin Helmet is a lightweight, adjustable, and safe helmet that works well for those who want a stylish-looking, protective, and functional option. Despite some issues with the strap design and not being compatible with all sunglasses on the market, this helmet is a good option for those who want a fully-protective and breathable helmet for long days on the mountain.