We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Rab Microlight Down Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 87 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 33
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for long-term use.
- Outer material is durable for withstanding abrasions and debris.
- Material lets you have ample mobility for all activities.
- Flattering cut and choice of various colors for personalization.
- Outer material sheds water and is wind resistant.
- Hydrophobic down is able to maintain warmth even after getting wet.
- Interior pocket is large and provides secure storage.
- Lightweight and can fold in own pocket for easy transportation.
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Comfortable material and looks stylish.
- Versatile enough to wear around town or during outdoor activities.
- Fairly water resistant for short term precipitation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the down leaking out of the jacket.
- Slim fit, so you may need to size up if you want to layer underneath.
- Doesn’t last very long in prolonged precipitation.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
The Rab Microlight Down Jacket for women is a comfortable, lightweight, and fairly durable jacket that provides a great warmth-to-weight ratio. The material won’t stay dry very long in prolonged precipitation, so it’s best to wear under a waterproof shell in snow and rain, although if it does get wet, the hydrophobic down treatment will help maintain some warmth. This jacket is good for those who want to bring a good amount of warmth without a lot of weight.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.