We’ve read the reviews across the web for the RockyMounts MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 136
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easily access the hatch by lowering the bikes.
- Rack folds up for storage while not using, enhancing the versatility.
- Very versatile since it can accommodate various bikes.
- Well-built, secure, and stable.
- Easy to use and ensures the bikes are safely secured.
- The handle for tipping is easily accessible to ensure you can get to the cargo area of your car without having to remove a bike.
- Holds bikes of various styles, from smaller kids bikes to adult suspension bikes.
- Comes with a long cable to lock the bikes to the carrier for safety.
- Great construction and sturdy design.
- Fairly lightweight when compared to the competition for how durable it is.
- Good value for the high-quality product you get.
- No bike frame contact prevents any scratches.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The locks that come with the rack don’t seem like the best quality.
- The threaded hitch pin must be tightened with a wrench, making the process more tedious.
- Limited wheel-base length adjustment which limits the versatility a little.
The RockyMounts MonoRail Platform Hitch Rack is a durable, high-quality, and easy-to-use rack that provides secure holding for various types of bikes. Despite the limited wheel-base adjustment and the locks not being the best quality, the other security and safety measures, like the high-quality construction and sturdy carrying, makes this a stable and durable product. This is a great choice for those who carry a wide range of bikes over bumpy terrain, and who don’t want to break the bank with their purchase.