We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mercury Wheels M1 Wheelset – Clincher and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 56
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable even when you hit potholes or rough terrain.
- Solid and smooth ride.
- Rolls well and fast.
- Quieter than some of the competition.
- Fast and reliable braking.
- Stiffness provides ability for smooth rides.
- Low rolling resistance for a quicker ride.
- Lightweight and responsive.
- Stable and secure.
- Provides a smooth ride due to the high-quality materials and construction.
- Less rigidity is better for smaller sized riders.
- The braking is consistent and trustworthy.
- Bearings spin smoothly and don’t make noise.
- Comprised of lightweight and durable alloy for speed and a long-lasting product.
- The 17mm rim width is best suited for cyclists who prefer 23 or 25mm road tires.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of spokes breaking over time.
- Larger riders may need a more rigid wheel set.
- The adjustments are a bit tedious and time consuming.
The Mercury Wheels M1 Wheelset – Clincher is a great option for cyclists who want a narrow, smooth, stiff, and responsive wheel set. The features of this set are geared towards smaller riders who prefer thinner rims, and may not be suited for larger cyclists who want a wider wheel set and higher braking power.