We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Sterling Canyon C-IV Rope – 9mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 18
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight, but remains durable.
- Handles softer than other similar options.
- Doesn’t undergo much wear-and-tear over sharp edges.
- Abrasion-resistant for increased durability.
- Resists against water absorption.
- Easy to work with and handle.
- Tough outer sheath for enhanced durability and abrasion-resistance.
- Low stretch for added safety.
- Prevents heat build up from quick descents.
- The core reduces weight, making it an overall lighter-weight option.
- The core is water resistant for added weather protection.
- The outer sheath creates a strong material for the rope.
- Designed specifically for canyoneering if that is your specialty.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some may want a brighter color to see easier during use.
- Takes a decent amount of time to break-in.
The Sterling Canyon C-IV Rope – 9mm is a durable, weather-resistant, and lighter-weight rope that is well-suited for those who specialize in canyoneering and want an all-around option. Despite the longer break-in time, this rope provides a good feel for beginners, resists wear-and-tear, and is easy to handle.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.