We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Passage 2 Bike Strap Rack w/ Cradles and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1394
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Installation is easy and fast.
- Bikes remain secured even on bumpy and rough driving surfaces.
- Easy to use and durable.
- Able to adjust to a variety of cars.
- Prevents against swaying by using anti-sway cradles.
- There is padding to protect car paint and damage.
- Able to fold down while not in use for convenience.
- Secure and convenient for multiple trips.
- Frame is very durable and the bikes barely move during use.
- The FitDial lets you customize the rack to fit your vehicle.
- The cradles are designed to secure wider bike frames.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The metal hooks can slide and scratch the car.
- Some mountain bikes will not fit into the rack.
- Cinching the straps is tedious and takes some time.
- The straps can stretch in very hot weather.
- Can be difficult and tedious to position the sliders.
- Somewhat expensive for the features you get.
The Thule Passage 2 Bike Strap Rack w/ Cradles is a durable, convenient, and easy-to-use bike transportation option that securely holds 2 bikes in tough terrain. Despite issues with the cinch straps and some reports of scratching the car, the rack is designed with padding to protect the car and the bikes, to adjust to various bike frames, and to securely strap down the bikes. This bike rack works well for those who carry their bikes over bumpy terrain, want a durable apparatus, and will take advantage of the quick and easy installation.