We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Volo Short – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 42
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The pad is comfortable for all-day use.
- The fabric wicks away sweat after intense exercise to keep you dry.
- The shorts breathe well for efficiency in hot and humid weather.
- The waist fit is snug and soft against your skin.
- Lightweight for efficient use during intense activity and warm temperatures.
- The construction of the legs keep them in place during all-day cycling.
- The straps are snug and secure while in the crouched position in the saddle.
- Very comfortable for efficiency during all-day rides.
- Comes in a variety of colors for complete personalization.
- The chamois pad is multi-layered for protection.
- The top layer of the chamois pad has antibacterial treatment to help improve comfort.
- The legs stay in place during use and do not irritate your skin for ample comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not feature any hem at the cuffs of the leg, meaning the leg openings can get stretched out after prolonged use.
- The chamois is slightly thin, so it lacks ample padding for consistent comfort.
- You may need to try-on before purchasing to get the correct size and fit.
- The mesh on the legs is not very abrasion resistant, meaning the shorts can lack durability.
- Expensive when compared to other similar shorts on the market.
- Since the material is so lightweight, it can be cold during the shoulder seasons and winter months.
- The leg grippers can become stretched after several washes, leading to a lack of efficiency.
The Castelli Volo Short for men is a lightweight, breathable, and comfortable option that provides plenty of efficiency and ventilation during long, warm rides. Despite some issues with the sizing and pricing, this short stays in place during intense activity and stays comfortable during all-day rides.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.