We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Wahoo Fitness KICKR Smart Power Trainer – 2018 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 636
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The functions are smooth and accurate.
- Easy to set-up and quick.
- Compatible with various apps for technology integration.
- Provides a responsive and quiet ride.
- Gives a good ‘road feel’ to help you train efficiently.
- Able to be paired with various devices to give you a real road-feel.
- Less expensive than other similar options on the market.
- Smooth and quiet ride.
- Well-built and high-quality construction.
- Comes with a Shimano 105 cassette for functionality.
- Provides great stability for a secure ride.
- The accuracy of the KICKR test unit is accurate in terms of data.
- Able to easily link with Zwift and other training software due to having various modes of compatibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the power adapter stopping working after a few rides.
- Some reports of vibrating heavily and making more noise than advertised.
- Reports of being a very good product until it becomes unreliable and starts making noise.
- Doesn’t have native cadence sensing for calculating your output.
- Needs a power socket to use.
The Wahoo Fitness KICKR Smart Power Trainer – 2018 is a smooth, high-quality, and functional trainer that provides a great solution for inclement-weather training. Despite not having some of the more expensive features and needing a power socket, this trainer provides stability, accurate data, and software compatibility, making this a smart option for those who frequently ride indoors.