We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Velocissima Bib Short – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 77 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.2 stars
Expert Rating: 3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 40
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- Breathable for use during long rides in hot weather conditions.
- The leg grips prevent the bib from moving while cycling.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort.
- Very breathable for use in hot temperatures.
- The color accents are stylish and sleek for an aesthetic look.
- Features vertical leg grippers to help keep the short in place during use.
- The material prevents chaffing for use during hot days.
- Features reinforced seams for ample durability.
- The waist sits comfortably against your skin without chaffing or digging in.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The two seams at the back of the legs are not flat, and can rub some users’ legs.
- The sizing is off, and you may need to size-up to get the right fit.
- The shoulder straps are tight and not very comfortable for long rides.
- At the high end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar choices.
- The chamois is thin and not padded, making it uncomfortable for sitting during enduro rides.
The Castelli Velocissima Bib Short for women is a lightweight, breathable, and comfortable option that works well for all-day use. Despite having some issues with the sizing and thin chamois, this bib short can work well for endurance rides in hot weather due to the ample ventilation.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.