We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Beta SV Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 111
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Good breathability for intense activities.
- Durable and keeps you warm.
- Lightweight and regulates temperature during activities.
- Protective in intense weather to keep you dry and keep the wind out.
- Fits well over a base or mid-layer to provide versatility.
- Able to layer comfortably underneath.
- 80-denier nylon for impressive durability.
- The shoulders have limited seams to prevent backpack rubbing.
- Waterproof zippers for added protection.
- Hood has high-density elastic and adjustability.
- Gore-Tex Pro membrane for high performance waterproofing and breathability.
- Helmet-compatible storm hood for protection and compatibility.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the upper area not being the most mobile.
- The hood can crinkle during use.
- Very expensive when compared to other options.
- Newer high end non-Gore-Tex fabrics are more breathable.
- Doesn’t have as many climbing-specific features as the Alpha SV jacket.
The Arc’teryx Beta SV Jacket for men is a stylish, comfortable, and high-quality option that is well-suited for intense weather and a variety of temperatures. Despite being expensive and not having as many climbing features as other options, this jacket can be easily layered, protect in inclement weather, and provide enough breathability for fairly active use. The jacket performs efficiently and effectively in a variety of conditions.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.